Product Manager Freight
- Leadership role to develop and drive execution of product line strategy for the Freight haulage business to better meet customer needs
- Create for Australia a highly efficient world-class, rail-centric logistics network
- Strong focus on sustainably growing railâs share
of the fast-growing Freight market
- Permanent opportunity based in North Sydney
As a key member of our Product Management and Development team, the Product Manager - Freight will lead a team of five professionals to develop Pacific National's Freight rail haulage product line strategy and drive its execution across the business. This is a pivotal role in addressing Freight customer needs, driving modal share maximising product line financial performance. The role includes market intelligence and analytics, competitive positioning, product innovation, product and service proposition, pricing, targeting, operating model development and new product deployment. With clarity and collaborative leadership, this individual will drive execution of strategy.
Key responsibilities include to:
- Lead team of five marketing professionals.
- Marketing intelligence on macro market, customers, competitors (rail, road and sea) and changing government/regulatory framework.
- Needs-based market segmentation to identify customer and prospects needs and where PN can add the most value.
- Develop PN Value Proposition, product and services capabilities, added value features, performance levels and cost position based on an in-depth understanding of market dynamics.
- Identification and down selection of best new product capabilities to add to PN's offering and best method to obtain and develop.
- Contribute to overall deal structuring strategy including price, options, capacity, customer payment and performance KPIs, through to participation in deal reviews.
- Support Sales teams to ensure clarity on targeting strategies, product knowledge, promotion plans and collateral and resourcing.
- Contribute to operating model strategy capable of delivering PN value proposition, reliability at the lowest cost, include rolling stock asset plan and 5 year business plans, with clarity on resourcing, program deliverables and financial plan.
- Working closely with the Master Planning team provide probabilistic demand forecast as inputs into capacity planning.
- Develop and prioritise new product and service offerings including technology innovation, with a focus on customer needs and supply chain efficiency.
- Working closely with cross functional teams to obtain buy-in and ensure execution of Freight product line strategy.
- Proactively monitor the performance of sales team use of sales funnel to drive execution against sales targets to achieve top-line numbers.
- Become a recognised industry expert on market outlook and trends.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership skills to attract and retain top marketing talent.
- Proven business strategy experience within management consulting and large corporate environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing product line strategy with a focus on product, price, promotion and production.
- Experience in service businesses a plus, as well as experience shaping product lines strategy in B2B markets an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience crafting customer solutions and transforming opportunities into revenue-generating products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a focus on technical excellence, customer responsiveness and innovative thinking.
- Track record of influencing key internal and external stakeholders including proven experience effectively leading cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding results.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific Nationalâs financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 23rd Jan 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.